Saturday, October 29, 2011

Rowan's 1st Birthday Party

I had a lot of fun planning Rowie's 1st birthday party.  I have ALWAYS wanted to throw a Halloween themed party and since Rowie was born on Halloween I finally got my chance!  I didn't put all of the pictures on here but you can click on any of them to get to the entire album on Flickr.
I was nervous all week because the temperature and Saturday ended up being cool and extremely windy.  I've got my fingers crossed that MAYBE, JUST MAYBE we'll be in a new house next year.  *Sigh* That probably won't happen so I'll have to figure out what to do next year because the weather in October is hit or miss.  The kids seemed to be fine because they were crazy and ran all around.  My friend Misty took the majority of these pictures and I can't thank her enough!

 
My sister-in-law Colleen helped me carve the #1 pumpkin.  I broke the blade on my pumpkin knife and I didn't trust myself with a knife, so I let the surgeon handle it!  :)
IMG_8402_edited-1
 
I found this idea on Pinterest.  I thought it was fun for the kids to have something different.  Too bad they never stopped long enough to eat!
IMG_8403_edited-1

IMG_8405_edited-1
 
I found the spider plates at Target and figured I could use them next year too.  I'm hoping I've got one more year that I can choose the theme of the party before Rowan starts to take interest.
IMG_8407_edited-1
 
Right before the party this tree blew down and the pot broke.  Mom got the hot glue gun and did a quick fix.  I got the treat buckets and Pottery Barn Kids.
IMG_8412_edited-1

IMG_8413_edited-1
 
The cookies I made.  I did little spiders and spider webs.
IMG_8414_edited-1

IMG_8416_edited-1

IMG_8417_edited-1
 
Mozerella eyeballs.  The top right were Rosemary Witches Fingers and Mens Toes.  I didn't get a picture of that one but I thought they turned out cute.  It was my first time actually working with yeast and dough.
IMG_8421_edited-1
 
Bones made out of breadsticks
IMG_8424_edited-1

IMG_8427_edited-1

IMG_8428_edited-1

IMG_8436_edited-1

IMG_8446_edited-1
 
We made steak, chicken, and shrimb ka-bobs
IMG_8449_edited-1

IMG_8462_edited-1

IMG_8466_edited-1

IMG_8482_edited-1
 
Michelle did an AMAZING job on the cake!  I have the best friend ever!!!!  I told her what I'd like and she came up with this beautiful cake!
IMG_8485_edited-1

IMG_8486_edited-1
 
How awesome is Rowan's smash cake!!!!
IMG_8487_edited-1

IMG_8489_edited-1

IMG_8491_edited-1

IMG_8494_edited-1

IMG_8501_edited-1
 
Rowie didn't really want to grab her cake and eat it.  She wanted to talk to the spider that was on her cake.  She fed me a piece before she decided that it was OK to consume.
IMG_8518_edited-1
 
She loved that spider!
IMG_8520_edited-1

IMG_8529_edited-1
 
This was the messiest that she got!
IMG_8541_edited-1

IMG_8545_edited-1

IMG_8550_edited-1

IMG_8559_edited-1

IMG_8560_edited-1
It was a great day!  I can't believe we celebrated her first birthday!  It goes by way too fast!

No comments: