Saturday, May 1, 2010

C&C Baby Shower

Christie & Colleen are expecting a baby in July so Sharon (Christie's high school friend), Ryan, and I threw them a Dr Seuss themed baby shower.  Natasha was sweet and helped us set up.


 
Sharon, Natasha, me, and Ryan
IMG_1894
 
These were parfaits that I made totally from scratch.
IMG_1895_edited-1

IMG_1900_edited-1
 
I squeezed WAY too many key limes to make these cupcakes
IMG_1902_edited-1
 
I had a hard time thinking of food to go with One Fish, Two Fish.  I finally settled on Swedish Fish and sushi.
IMG_1904_edited-1

IMG_1905_edited-1

IMG_1913_edited-1
 
I made Cat in the Hat and Green Egg cookies.
IMG_1911_edited-1

IMG_1908_edited-1
 
Christie and her high school friends
IMG_1916_edited-1
 
Colleen and Ryan
IMG_1919
 
The blanket Lori's mom (Christie's best friend) originally made for Lori's son that passed away in his infancy.  It was a very touching gift.
IMG_1918

IMG_1920

It was fun planning the shower and I know that Christie had a great time catching up with old friends.  It was like a high school reunion!  Now I can't wait for my nephew to get here in July!

No comments: