Friday, October 30, 2009

Hallelujah Fun Day

Instead of celebrating Halloween at Reese's school they had "Hallelujah Fun Day". I volunteered to take the day off of work and help out with the party for Reese's class. That was EXHAUSTING!!! Reese was so excited that I was there and she had to show all of her friends that I had a hurt knee. I really did feel special because Reese was just so happy that I came to her school. I let her come home early that day and we both took a much needed nap. Those kids wore me out!

They handed out awards for "good listener", "dependable", etc. Do you know what my kid got? "Great Citizenship". I mean really what does that mean?? Does that mean my kid causes problems so they just had to come up with an award for her? Gosh she is reliving my childhood!

I came up with the idea of painting little pumpkins. OMG this was the biggest mess EVER! The kids went crazy over this. The paint was just dripping from them. But honestly, I think this was their favorite activity.


The next activity that they did was decorate cupcakes. Reese ate the icing and the candy corn.


We also had musical pumpkins. It took the kids a few minutes to understand the concept of this one, but they eventually caught on and thought it was great! We pulled numbers until everyone won and they got a goody bag.




And finally they did pin the stem on the pumpkin. I don't think Reese ever did this activity.

We did all of this in about an hour. You can imagine the chaos! But I know the kids really enjoyed it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ha! An Hour. Not sure how that is possible.