Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Class Session #4

We had our 4th class this week and we learned all about printing. We have a field trip this weekend in a cemetery downtown. Then, Fran and I are getting our hair done!

Here are all of my assignments for this week. Fran and I went to the Botanical Gardens to find our subjects. We had to use the different rules of photography.

This is a flower that was in the conservatory and uses the rules of color, 3rds, and repetition.








This was actually a huge glass piece on top of a fountain. The rules that are used are depth of field and color.




This is part of the gate that lead down into the children's garden. The rules I used were filling the frame and repetition.















I loved the colors on this picture! This was a fountain that had metal leaves that the water ran down on. I used the rule of filling the frame and color.



It took me forever to take this picture! I had to wait for people to get out of my way! This is an example of leading lines, repetition, and framing.
















And finally is a pretty daisy that was in one of the gardens. This used the rules of color and simple.




Fran and I are having lots of fun in this class. It is really stretching our accountant brains!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your pics from the class are great! Where are you taking the class? I can't wait to see how this class improves your pics of Reese. I've been wanting to take a class for a long time..I think you've encouraged me to sign up!

Erin said...

Thanks Misty! There is a place in Atlanta called Showplace. It's a 6 week course and this is just the digital 101 class. The purpose of the first class is to learn the different settings on the camera. We had a field trip today to Oakland Cemetery in downtown Atlanta. We shot fully in manual! Our class on Tuesday is actually about shooting portraits. I'm really excited because I honestly prefer to take pictures of people.