Sunday, July 25, 2010

Hilton Head

The plan for our family vacation this year was to go to Gulf Shores, AL.  That plan got thrown out the window due to the oil spill so we decided to go to Hilton Head instead.  I was disappointed because there is nothing like the Gulf for their beautiful water and white beaches.  I wasn't able to take the entire week off of work due to saving vacation days for my maternity leave, so mom and dad took Reese down early. 

Mom was great that she played in the water and sand with Reese.  Being pregnant at the hot beach is not fun!!
IMG_2754_edited-1
 
My gorgeous girl playing in the sand
IMG_2757_edited-1

IMG_2759_edited-1
 
It was a pretty long walk to the water because of the tide coming in and out.  I can't believe that I actually let Reese go on her own to fill up her water pail.
IMG_2764_edited-1
 
Mom walked on the beach every morning collecting shells.  She found this hermit crab, but later killed him when she pulled him out of his shell!!!
IMG_2766_edited-1
Time to boogy board!
IMG_2767_edited-1
 
Mom and Reese had a great time and I was quite surprised that Reese wasn't afraid
IMG_2771_edited-1

IMG_2774_edited-1

IMG_2779_edited-1

IMG_2786_edited-1
 
Reese called this bathing suit her hula bathing suit so she proceeded to show me her hula skills
IMG_2793_edited-1

IMG_2794_edited-1
 
I of course had to take Reese out on the beach to try and get some shots of her.  This is my only picture with the pretty sun on her.  She was posing away!
IMG_2798_edited-1

IMG_2802_edited-1

IMG_2810_edited-2
 
She was looking for the monkey in my camera
IMG_2812_edited-2

IMG_2822_edited-2

IMG_2838_edited-1
Reese insisted on taking a picture with me.  Next time I will be sure to be prepared for the request!
IMG_2839_edited-1
Love this picture of her!
IMG_2851_edited-2
 
David always gets cute pictures with her!
IMG_2891_edited-1
 
My favorite picture on the beach!
IMG_2927_edited-1
 
I love that she can write her name and is learning to read
IMG_2928_edited-1

IMG_2971_edited-1
 
How this child can stand the sand all over her I will never understand.  She must take after her daddy because he loves the beach as well.
IMG_2991_edited-1
 
Off to rinse off in the water.  This will be the last time she wears this bathing suit.  See that cute little booty coming out!! :-)
IMG_2995_edited-1

IMG_2997_edited-1
 
Reese actually wanted her picture taken by this old tree behind the condo.
IMG_3013_edited-1
 
Reese checking out the boats on the marina.  She and David climbed to the top of the light house.  Not this pregnant woman!!!
IMG_3018_edited-1
It was a great few days at the beach.  I can't believe that next summer Rowan will be joining us.  It's so hard to wrap my mind around that!!!

No comments: