Monday, November 30, 2009

Elf on a Shelf

This year I decided to start a new tradition in the Hall household. Meet Sammy.


Sammy came in an adorable box straight from the North Pole! We opened him very carefully and Reese got to meet her new friend that she named Sammy. Sammy is an elf that works for Santa. He perches in a spot in a room and watches over the behavior of little girls and boys. Every night while Reese is sleeping he flies to the North Pole and tells Santa if Reese is a naughty or nice girl. He also tells Santa any secrets that Reese tells him. Every morning he comes back to a new place in the house. Reese wakes up each morning and dashes to find where Sammy ends up. Sammy doesn’t talk to Reese; he only talks to mommy and daddy. Reese also can’t touch him because that will make him lose his magic!

When I explained all of this to Reese she looked at me and said, “Mommy, I like your hair. I like your pants, and your shirts, and your shoes, and your……….bras” I said to Reese “Wow, thank you sweetie. You’re such a nice girl.” She responds with “Yeah..” The next day she sees Sammy in the living room and turns to me and says “Mommy, I like your hair. I just like all of you.” I then asked her why. Her response, “Because I’m nice.”

I love Sammy. I only have to remind her that Sammy is watching.

The entire concept is pretty cool and it comes with a cute book. The mother/daughter team is from Georgia and the daughter actually went to West Georgia like me.


http://www.elfontheshelf.com/

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Genius!!! Let's just hope she doesn't tell Sammy she wants another purple car!

David said...

I also went to highschool with the daughter

Misty P. Photography said...

Well, it is TOTALLY not working in my house! The first thing Spencer said is, "he's not real". Geez, only 3!! I tell him every day that "Bego" is watching and he just smiles. I was hoping it would buy me some leverage or something! Glad it's working at your house! :)

Erin said...

Misty if you haven't seen Santa yet you should get to Santa first and tell him to mention "Bego" :-)